Do you want to work on the front line of IT? Do you want to use the tools and methods of tomorrow, before the masses do? Read on!
Puppeteers Oy is a small, growing IT company that focuses on building modern IT infrastructure for organizations. We’ve got a long experience in IT, especially in DevOps and security.
We need someone with experience and/or interest in system administration and DevOps tools and workflows. You don’t need to be an IT student (current/former), neither are we! You could have 30 years of work experience or none at all: what matters is a passion for hacking and a developer mindset.
As you probably figured out, we don’t have a certain role in mind for you, it all depends on your skills, interests and experience. We will guide and teach you but you’ll have a chance to get your hands dirty with real customer work as soon as possible.
We’re looking for a trainee or a part-time employee or contractor. We’re used to working remotely so you can mostly work from anywhere. We work with international customers so you must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
You could have experience in/you will learn about:
- Linux/UNIX command-line and shell
- Basic networking (TCP/IP)
- Configuration management /Infrastructure as Code: Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, Powershell DSC
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Version control systems such as Git
- Identity management (FreeIPA, Keycloak, SAML, OIDC)
You will encounter these topics as well:
- Agile methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
- Infrastructure as a Service platforms (AWS, Azure, Hetzner)
- Python and Ruby programming languages
- Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS operating systems
- Windows Powershell
- Bare-metal provisioning
- Unattended operating system installations
On a personal level, we hope that you are:
- Motivated and driven by continuous improvement
- Proactive and systematic problem solver
- Fluent in communication
- Able to bang your head against the wall repeatedly without giving up
What do you get:
- A chance to work with/to learn subjects that are not taught at school/university
- Endless possibilities to learn and develop your skills
- A chance to participate in business development and growth
- Playstation 5 and Playstation Plus subscription in the office
Job start is negotiable but we hope to have you onboard as soon as possible!
Salary will be negotiated, depending on the contract type.
Do you have questions? Call our CEO Samuli Seppänen at +358 40 371 6573 on Wednesday 30 December at 15-16 hours EET and Thursday 7 January at 10-11 hours EET or email us at [email protected]
Application deadline: We're looking forward to receiving your motivation letter with a CV (in English or in Finnish) by email at [email protected] by 12 January 2021. Feel free to surprise us with a video as well!