This document shows how to grant a Puppeteers representative access to your Azure subscription using the Azure Portal.
- Login to your Azure Portal
- Type "Users" in the search box
- Click on the "Users" service
- Click on "New guest user"
- Select "Invite User"
- Fill in the fields. The email address should be [email protected].
- Click on "Invite" at the bottom
- The guest user will receive an invite to your Azure in the email address you defined above.
Now the user has been created. However, it is lacking permissions to do anything useful. We will fix that in the next steps by assigning it a role:
- Type "Subscriptions" to the search box
- Click on the "Subscriptions" service
- Click on the subscription you want to grant access to
- Select "Access control (IAM)" from the left-hand side pane
- Click on "+ Add" button to open an action menu
- Click on "Add role assignment"
- Select the "Reader" role
- Ensure that "Assign access to" is set to "User, group or service principal"
- Select the guest user you created in the previous step
- Click on "Save"