General principles of processing personal data
Data protection and privacy are important for Puppeteers. When using our services, you provide us with personal data, and we will not break this trust.
- We process personal data carefully and with a high level of professionalism.
- We use appropriate technical measures to protect personal data.
- We always use personal data systematically and lawfully. We collect only the personal data that is necessary for our operations.
What personal data do we collect?
This depends on the services you use. Below are examples of data that our register may include.
We collect information about you so we can identify you as our customer and keep in touch with you. This type of general information includes your name, telephone number, address, workstation location, email address and instant messaging address, for example.
Information related to our services and your devices
When we provide our customers with maintenance and expert services, we store data related to these services that can be attributed to a natural person. Such information includes support requests in the ticketing system, the network location or physical location of the device, the user IDs of the users logged in to the device or information about the user designated for the device, for example.
Where do we collect your personal data?
Directly from you
We collect your data when you contact us via email, telephone or contact form on our website, or use our services.
From your employer or colleagues
If we have a business relationship with the organisation that you represent, your employer, colleagues or other business contacts may give us information about you such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship. In some cases, data may also be stored in Puppeteers’ customer register.
From our website
Our website is GDPR compliant and uses Matomo Analytics for user tracking. We collect the following:
- Usage data — when you visit our site, we will store: the website from which you visited us from, the parts of our site you visit, the date and duration of your visit, your anonymised IP address, information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are located in, and web browser type) you used during your visit, and more. We process this usage data in Matomo Analytics for statistical purposes, to improve our site and to recognize and stop any misuse.
Opt-out of website tracking
From technical systems
When providing services, we use systems that help us maintain the devices you use. These maintenance systems may collect data about devices, and this data is also related to you as the user of the device. This information may include the network location and the physical location of the device, in addition to information related to using the device.
Links to other sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
How do we use your personal data?
We may collect, store and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with services or information that you may have requested;
- to operate, manage, develop and promote our business (including our products and services) and, in particular, our relationship with the organisation you represent (if any) and related transactions including, for example:
- marketing purposes (when we have either gathered prior opt-in consent and/or have a legitimate interest to send you communications which we believe to be relevant and of use to you);
- accounting and billing / payment purposes (including to offer financing solutions to customers, together with our finance partners);
- to keep you informed and updated on relevant products or services you may be interested in;
- to enable you to take part in our online assessments and surveys;
- to operate recruiting activities;
- to process usage data in Matomo Analytics for statistical purposes, to improve our site and to recognize and stop any misuse;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and bring and defend legal claims and assert legal rights; and
- if the purpose is directly connected with an assigned purpose previously made known to you.
Grounds for personal data processing
We always process your personal data based on one of the following legal grounds:
- You have given us consent to process your personal data. Consent can be given by using our services or contacting our customer service department. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- The processing of your personal data is necessary for the execution of our agreement with your employer or employer’s partner.
- Personal data processing is necessary for the purposes of our, or third parties’, legitimate interests. This may mean, for example, that we process your personal data to prevent fraud, target direct marketing at you or maintain the security of our information systems.
- Personal data processing is necessary for protecting your or someone else’s vital interest.
- Personal data processing is necessary for compliance with our statutory obligations.
Data storage and security
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties without your consent, unless one the following conditions is met:
- The disclosure of data is based on a law, a regulation or an agreement binding on Puppeteers.
- Puppeteers and a third party have entered into an agreement on personal data processing.
- The disclosure of personal data is necessary for a service provided by Puppeteers to you or your employer. For example, when ordering a licence or registering a device warranty, we may have to disclose the contact information of the end customer’s contact person to the supplier or manufacturer.
- Your personal data was collected in connection with an event we organised in cooperation with our partners. We may disclose your personal data to such partners for marketing communication purposes related to the event.
International transfer of personal data
As a rule, your personal data will be stored only within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). However, some of our employees/subcontractors handling personal data may be based in non-EU or non-EEA countries. In such cases, Puppeteers has entered into a separate GDPR-compliant data processing agreement with the employee/subcontractor in question.
You have the right to review your personal data that has been stored in our registers, the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, the right to have your personal data erased (right to be forgotten), the right to transmit your personal data to another service, and the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. You can exercise your rights by contacting us by email at [email protected].
If you have any questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement or our processing of personal data, please send an email to [email protected].
Changes to this policy
Please check back frequently to see any changes.
Last updated: 25 March 2022